Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag Well For Usp?

USPshooter

I shot my first match with my H&K USP 40 last weekend. It performed like a champ, and I ended up doing pretty good with it. My only complaint would be the fairly un-beveled mag well makes quick reloads fairly hard.

Is there any aftermarket magwells for poly frame guns? somthing removable would be amazing, but I'm shure I'm hoping for to much.

Jet funnel from HK. Not aftermarket, but it's all you will find, and it installs easy. It will require the use of the white mags. Not cheap by any means. A standard mag will not seat.

Edited by JayC

Thanks for the info, that looks pretty nice. Do you know if its the 13 rounders that fit as opposed to the 10 rnd mags? or is there a special mag for the jet funnel? Not quite sure what you meant my "white" mags.

edit: Looking around online, I see what you mean by the white, or clear mags. they seem to be extremely rare. fortunatly it seems you can get standard mags to seat with some minor modification. I will look into that a bit more, as the Jet Funnel itself is pretty cheap. thanks again.

Edited by USPshooter

Yep, Jet Funnel is it for HK USP's.

As M. Bane would say "cherubs and seraphim" inform me that HK is putting (or has put) together a factory production race gun for USPSA Limited and/or Production Division. These will be decked out with features including the funnel for jet fast reloads...

there was an article about using SV mags in a USP. If you're going racing with a USP they might be worth a look.

wow. I will definatly look into that. Also good to hear HK is making a limeted gun.

edit: Dirty, do you recall where you saw that article?

Edited by USPshooter

I saw that modification topic too, but I can't remember if it was here or at HK Pro. From what I understand though it is somewhat of a pain, and I'm not sure, but I think there may have been reliability issues. I'm going to have to try to find that again.