Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

After quite a bit of deliberation, Ive gone ahead and purchased a Dell XPS laptop.

I did some research on it b4 i bought it. All the reviews that i found rated the laptop pretty high.

Here is some of the details:

XPS M140

- Intel® Pentium® M Processor 750 (1.86GHz/2MB Cache/533MHz FSB)

- Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005

- 14.1 inch WXGA LCD Panel

- 512MB Shared DDR2 SDRAM 2 Dimms

- 60GB 7200rpm Hard Drive

- 8x CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability

Its way more capable that i forsee that i will need, but i need a new computer anyway.

Stinger Man; you should have looked at the Lenova Z series!

But if your Dell is as good as my Dell Axim 50v you won't be disapointed.

My BIL has four Dell notebooks a various vintages and the four are still functional. You'll be OK.

24 #1 on the way!

FM Out!

• 1 month later...

Add me to the XPS M140 camp. Bought one last week to replace my four year old Dell Inspiron 8100 (1.4Meg processor, 512 Ram, 30 gig 4200rpm hard drive, DVD-Rom, Modular Bay with CD Burner, Zip and Floppy Modules). Boy does this thing scream through a folder full of images ---- it's barely slower than my desktop.....

XPS M140

- Intel® Pentium® M Processor 770 (2.13GHz/2MB Cache/533MHz FSB)

- Genuine Windows® XP Professional

- 14.1 inch WXGA LCD Panel

- 2048MB Shared DDR2 SDRAM 2 Dimms

- 100GB 7200rpm Hard Drive

- 8x CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability

Refurbed from the Dell Outlet.....

Add another one to the XPS M140 camp. Mine came in today.

Question, anyone using Outlook 2003? Do I just back up my p.s.t. file on my old computer and import the file into my new computer?

I'm a little scared that I'm going to wipe out my pda the first time I sync my new computer with my pda using activesync. Last time I bought a computer I managed to do this by accident. Boy was I pissed.

Take care, Doug

I'm a little scared that I'm going to wipe out my pda the first time I sync my new computer with my pda using activesync. Last time I bought a computer I managed to do this by accident. Boy was I pissed.

Take care, Doug

Doug,

My palm lets me decide when I hot-synch whether I want to merge data, have the computer overwrite the PDA, or have the PDA overwrite the computer. Before you start, make sure you back up the files on your old computer. The other way to do this is to look at the directory structure on your old computer, duplicate it on the new one, and copy the data over......