Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Changing POI On M10

SRT Driver

You need to find someone who has been to the Smith and Wesson armor school. I had this done once by our armor to a Model 60. They lay the gun on the bench and hit the barrel with a piece of soft babbit. It actually moves the barrel in the direciton they need to go. It is not for the faint of heart, take my word for it and don't watch them do it. However, it works.

I am sure the factory will do this for you also. They just adjusted a new Model 22 for me and it hits dead on now. If you decided to send it back to the factory, shoot a group at a fixed range, I used 15 yards, send the target with the gun and note the relevant information on the target such as yardage, and ammo type. I found it best to use a factory ammo that they can duplicate.

Gary

+1 on the factory. I bought a used 681 a while back with the same problem. I called the factory (800.331.0852) and told them I had a used gun that didn't shoot to POA, and they sent me a shipping label on their dime and had me return it. Since they were paying for the shipping, I had them do their "Combat Revolver Package" on it. It came back with a velvet-like finish, an outstanding action job, and shoots exactly to POA. The POA part was free; the other was $200.