Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone worked the World Speed Shoot?

bigdawgbeav

I've worked the last three or four as a CRO. You will be comped for up to two guns on staff day. Put up in a hotel, fed and get $25 per day per diem. Up to $375 for travel. Better figure you will have a week of time tied up in it including travel. Well worth the effort to see some of the fastest shots in the sport!

On 10/15/2024 at 6:05 PM, harleytech said:

I've worked the last three or four as a CRO. You will be comped for up to two guns on staff day. Put up in a hotel, fed and get $25 per day per diem. Up to $375 for travel. Better figure you will have a week of time tied up in it including travel. Well worth the effort to see some of the fastest shots in the sport!

2 guns?  i thought it was only 1.  OK, this is a little better.  Of course I'd also want to register 2 more for a total of 4 guns.  I dislike 4 guns in one day, but you have to suck it up sometimes.

One thing that i dislike in terms of working a match is the toll it takes over a weekend on legs, knees and backs.  I will say it's nice at the WSSC that there are typically 3 or more ROs on a stage so there is some downtime.  

Yea, the hardest part is making that 1-week commitment away from family and work.