Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need help identifying my new CZ

Suggsugg

Hey Stuart @eerw,

I got my first CZ recently and noticed some weird things about it, posted to Reddit and they let me know that you may be the person to speak to!

I have a SP-01 but the Slide markings, no firing pin block/ roll pin for it, don’t match the SP-01s that I have or seems most other people have either.

Seems to be similar to an SP-01 Shadow, but only has the shadow markings on the grips that are aftermarket. (Slide, barrel, and frame all have the same serial number starting with C4)

Could not figure out how to attach the image, so I have linked my Reddit post below:

Reddit identify post

Any insights would be helpful!

RDT_20241002_0435327540679542436200407.jpg

RDT_20241002_0435204528496894815077260.jpg

The receiver and slide look exactly like an SP01.  That said, the sights, hammer, grips, and magwell are not stock SP01.  I would say this is an SP01 that was modified.  I hope you didn't pay a Shadow price for this.  I've owned an SP01 since 4/2008 and 70k rnds through it.  

When you say no FPB, is there a hole for it and it has just been removed, or is there no provision for it in the slide at all? 

Could just be a CZC or CGW modified as that looks like the CGW race hammer and an 85 trigger, but the trigger pin does not look like the pro package one

SP01 Shadow Line pistol

91168ShadowLineSP01_DSC9089SMALL.thumb.jpg.3487b2600ec806d771b0bc93ec9575ac.jpg

hammer looks like from Shadow 2

the reddit photos looks like a CGW bushing was installed.

Edited by eerw

@eerw, @broadside72, @GeneBray,

Thank you all!

ended up calling CZ and confirming that this is in fact a “shadow line” from 2018. 
If you notice any other aftermarket items please let me know as I am interested in knowing what exactly the previous owner did to it!

Also, I think it would be cool to get the “shadow line” grips so that they can act match the model I have. If anyone knows where I could find them I would appreciate it!

thank you again,