Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC (sbr) for 2Gun. Help me decide... Scope or Magnifier?

Looking for recommendations on either a scope (ffp/sfp) or a magnifier for my existing dot (1.93 height) to use for upcoming 2gun matches using my 10.5in sbr 9mm pcc.

Rifle distances fall between 50 - 200 yards. If scope is the better route I will need a angled mount for my red dot for closer targets.

Thanks!

A 1-6 or 1-8 would be much better than a dot with magnifier. Especially since you’re shooting 9 and will definitely need the reticle hash marks for the longer shots. 

This^^^^^^^.  Even with fast factory, 115@1250fps and a 100-yard zero you are going to be 32" low at 200.  At 60 you will be 3" high.  I'd still use an angled dot mount.  Handloading to 1400fps buys you 5".  Not worth the bother.

I'd get a decent SFP 1-4x or 1-6x.  This give you a full size reticle at all distances.  If you have never looked through a FFP at 1x you need to before you purchase one because the reticle looks like a large dot at 1x.  FFP is preferred for precision rifle because the hold overs are always the same at all magnifications.... which makes a big difference at long.  All of this is just my opinion based on my experience of shooting 3-gun for years along with a little bit of PR within the last few years.