Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Installing a Comp - Crush Washer or Jam Nut??

I'm planning to install a JP 3-port vertical comp on my CMMG MkGs Resolute. The comp comes with a double crush washer but I can also buy a jam nut. Just wondering what most people think the preferred installation method is. I would think timing the comp would be easier with the jam nut and the comp would be easier to remove as well. On the flip side the crush washer may give a "cleaner" look to the install.

Any opinions pro or con?

Thanks

P.s. - please don't tell me to just buy the JP5. I'm very tempted especially since it's on sale to IDPA members but I can't justify having 2 PCCs since I hardly shoot the one I have.

Crush washers are my preference.  Looks better and stays put just as well, if installed correctly.

The included crush washers should work just fine, but bench fit and measure what you need. 

Bracket that thickness and have one slightly thicker and one slightly thinner on hand.  Covered.

I recall reading somewhere to be careful using crush washers on PCC barrels because the threaded part is thinner than a 223 barrel and you could damage it trying to time the comp

1 hour ago, rishii said:

I recall reading somewhere to be careful using crush washers on PCC barrels because the threaded part is thinner than a 223 barrel and you could damage it trying to time the comp

Interesting, I may contact JP since they include the crush washer with the comp. Will also check with CMMG about using a crush washer with their barrel.