Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

“Banned” notifications after browser idle time

When I am on the forum on my cell phone (iPhone 14 plus, safari browser, IOS 17.5.1) after looking at content for a while I will lock my phone. When I come back a couple hours later (usually about 3-4 hours) to look again, after refreshing my web page I keep getting a “banned. You do not have permission to view this site” error that pops up and I have to close all BE tabs and close and reopen my web browser. It does not seem to matter if I’m in the classifieds, or any other thread on the site. But as soon as I reload my browser and the forum I can go about my business normally until I lock my phone for a while again. 

Link to a similar issue, except mine does not seem to matter if I am on WiFi or cell data. 

My screenshot below (same as in the link)

IMG_2122.png

I can second this same issue pretty much all day today. Had to wait to get home to even be able to post anything. Didn’t realize how much I browse here while waiting around town haha

48 minutes ago, Wvaughn7 said:

I can second this same issue pretty much all day today. Had to wait to get home to even be able to post anything. Didn’t realize how much I browse here while waiting around town haha

Could you please share what phone, browser and OS you are using? It may help track this down.

Thanks!

ChuckS