Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Major load

I just picked up an open race gun and made some rounds to test and chrono. I loaded 7.4 gr of 3n37 under a 125 brass monkey bullet. Brass is mixed headstamps. Primers are servicious y aventuras. Some fired but many did not even with trying to fire twice. Any thoughts? Light strikes? I ran some minor ammo with cci through it and all went bang. Light strikes? Change primer or change main spring? PF was 173 on rounds that fired. 

IMG_4018.jpeg

7 minutes ago, MattyG47 said:

Are these the ones from Norma? Have you had better luck running in other gun? Just thinking could be spring weight 

I run these in my shadow 2 with 13lb main spring. I also run in my Pcc without issue. 

Well that certainly looks like a light strike. I seen many failures using those primers that could be related to light strikes but who knows if that's the only problem with that.  

Just now, sharko said:

Well that certainly looks like a light strike. I seen many failures using those primers that could be related to light strikes but who knows if that's the only problem with that.  

I run these in shadow 2 with 99% no issues and in Pcc with zero issues. 

Just now, Cltpewpew said:

Loading on a Lee 6000. I’ll try to seat them deeper

ya im on s1050 u can adjust your seating. idk about lee. ive loading 25 k with em two 2011’s an cz an 3 320.  never issue 

Just now, 36873687 said:

ya im on s1050 u can adjust your seating. idk about lee. ive loading 25 k with em two 2011’s an cz an 3 320.  never issue 

Adjustable by the push of the handle. No separate adjustment. 

I've been using those primers in my LO 9mm loads. I didn't have any issues previously with US made primers, but I started having light strikes with the Servicio Aventuras primers.. My Prodigy has a Wolff 18# hammer spring and it had a titanium firing pin in it. I got the extended steel firing pin from Dawson precision and have not had a problem since.

• 3 weeks later...

What is the mainspring in your 2011?  If you don't want to put a heavier spring in there try a Dawson SS extended firing pin.  I personally like a 17-19# mainspring in mine.  I know others like a 13# spring but they need specific primers.  I just don't like being at the mercy of a specific brand primer.

Also try to seat deeper.