Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Found Crack On Para Slide.

gravedigger

thats No bueno..

seems para 45s will keep going and going while the 40s seem to eat slides for lunch..

cheap fix, but a sti or caspian slide and have it fitted with the existing barrel and stuff..

maybe cheaper fix, buy an upper off someone who has put a new top end on their para p16.

thats No bueno..

seems para 45s will keep going and going while the 40s seem to eat slides for lunch..

cheap fix, but a sti or caspian slide and have it fitted with the existing barrel and stuff..

maybe cheaper fix, buy an upper off someone who has put a new top end on their para p16.

is the sti slide better (tougher) than the para will it last longer.

para slides are cast, STI is FORGED...STI parts also seem to be harder steel.

i doubt youll see a non-lightened 40 caliber STI slide crack, whereas 40 cal para slides are crackin' left and right(not really that often, but moreso than STI or caspian)

Paras are supposed to have a factory warranty. Is contacting Para not an option?

I know but i got the whole gun chromed

I had a Springfield once that developed a crack in the frame (dust cover) about 10K rounds AFTER I had it hardchromed. They replaced the frame under warranty. I'd talk to Para and see what they have to say....whats the worst that could happen...they say no?

• 2 weeks later...

Unless it's a carry gun I say just take out the Series 80 plunger and run the gun without it.

If you go with an STI/SVI/Caspian slide it most likely won't have the Series 80 holes anyways.

So in terms of safeties you would be in the same boat with either a new STI/SVI/Caspian slide or the Para slide without the S80 stuff.