Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry Optics Class - What Red-Dot?

topslop1

4 hours ago, Rich406 said:

The guy asked his question and never logged in again.  Weeks later people are still chiming in to help him. lol. 

No, no, no, we don’t care about helping him at all. We just want a chance/opportunity to explain why the dot we are using is better than the one you are using…

On 4/28/2024 at 6:39 PM, shred said:

I like the round window of the SRO, and they seem to last the longest overall on a slide, but the upfront cost is huge.

I also prefer the round window on the SRO, and it doesn’t take very long to forget what you paid for it, as long as it keeps working like it’s supposed to. 

Has anyone ever changed brands or color or dot size and then been able to measure an improvement?

I'm just getting ready to try and adapt from iron sights and don't know if preferences are based on the fact that we all tend to be fussy about what we like or if which one you pick is a big deal in terms of match finishes and etc. 

I've run all three I have posted above....  The delta once the timer goes off?

NOTHING 😂

All three work just fine.  If I thought there was an advantage or even a preference, I'd swap all three to be the same.  Right now if I see another ME03 for sale I'll buy it for a back up! 😀 It was $200 delivered and works just the same as the others!... so far. 😉 (only 1K rounds in...)

1 hour ago, Chutist said:

I've run all three I have posted above....  The delta once the timer goes off?

NOTHING 😂

All three work just fine.  If I thought there was an advantage or even a preference, I'd swap all three to be the same.  Right now if I see another ME03 for sale I'll buy it for a back up! 😀 It was $200 delivered and works just the same as the others!... so far. 😉 (only 1K rounds in...)

This just about sums it up.  I've also had a few different optics, Burris FF3, Holosun 407K, 507C, 510C, Shield RMSc and SRO.  Not really sure why I transitioned to the SRO on my main Carry Optics pistols, the Holosun 510 on PCC and rimfire rifle, the Shield RMSc on carry guns, and the other Holosuns on various range toys.  Ya just sort of collect them after a while...