Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ramshot True Blue - any stock??

fpf

I’ve been using Ramshot True Blue for my 9 major loads for quite a while and really love this product. However, it has been out of stock everywhere I can think of to find it. 

Can anyone provide a lead on available stock?  Any idea why it’s so hard to find?  And heaven forbid if I have to switch powders, what’s a suitable replacement powder that has similar physical characteristics- I.e., small and compact?  

Thanks everyone

I would think it too fast for 9 major..  Looking around it seems like it was its own thing, I woulda guessed it was a Lovex powder that could be had under a shooters world brand now... But now that Hodgdon owns everything, you will probably see alot of consolidation and some powders get dropped, and as we are seeing prices get jacked,, Buy out the competition, shut them down, raise prices. 

HS6 is a pretty fine grained powder and seems to be readily available and common for 9 major loads.

Silhouette is not all that different from True Blue. I was always puzzled why they kept both powders in their lineup given how similarly they perform.

Like Joe, I'd recommend HS6.

check Lee's websight  they have powder scoops and bushing type powder measures that dispence in Cubic Cnetimeters. Their websight has a chart that will tell you how many grs per CC..  Will let you compare the relative size of powders per gr of weight to each other.
Lets see of the powders I hear people using for 9 major HS6 and Win auto comp and 3n 38 will tak eup less room for same weight.. Probably why they became popular when th eworld moved from 38 super to 9mm
See if this chart works.. Bigger number means less room per grain.. 
https://leeprecision.com/files/instruct/VMD.pdf

Edited by Joe4d

Silhouette isn’t quite as fine as TB but you usually use about a tenth less for the same or a bit more vel. Six months back or so there was a bunch of it around and no Silhouette.