Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheely, Akai, or Atlas magwell for Titan

Sticz

My recently acquired Titan RDS came with a tactical magwell.  When I do my part 100% I have no sticking, but I would like only have to do 80% and have the magwell do the rest.

Watching the videos from Atlas, they’re magwells, even the large, are not designed to “turn the mag” as much as others, so I don’t know if that is the correct route of what I’m looking for.  

Has anybody ran the cheely XL or Akai and can comment if they truly “turn the mag”, or are all the magwells pretty much doing the same thing? 

Thank you! 

4 hours ago, Explosiveo said:

Limcat is what I always ran. It was the original as far as mag angle correction.

Those were what I originally wanted to go with.  Do you know if those are still being made? I haven’t been able to find any for quite some time. I guess I just figured they stopped producing them. 

Do you know what grip you have on the Titan?  If you have a Cheely grip, the Cheely magwell should be a drop in.  If you have a PT grip, the Limcat magwell can fit if you want to remove some material off the magwell or the grip.  I have the PT grip with the Limcat magwell combo.

I'm not sure if a Limcat magwell will fit the Cheely grip or a Cheely magwell will fit the PT grip.  How the magwell locks to the grip seems quite different on the Cheely grip.  Of course, there is also the Atlas grip but I have not played with one before so not sure what the cut is.

BSPS has the Limcat aluminum magwell in stock but I would advise checking what type of grip you have first.

9 hours ago, Sticz said:

Those were what I originally wanted to go with.  Do you know if those are still being made? I haven’t been able to find any for quite some time. I guess I just figured they stopped producing them. 

yep, like  vtecpaoche said they are in stock at BSPS. Not sure if they are still making them or not. You do need to match what you buy to the grip you have. 

I believe Cheely makes one that is for their grips and a different one that works with standard 2011 grips. So if you go with theirs you need to make sure your getting the correct one for your grip. 

13 hours ago, vtecpaoche said:

Do you know what grip you have on the Titan?  If you have a Cheely grip, the Cheely magwell should be a drop in.  If you have a PT grip, the Limcat magwell can fit if you want to remove some material off the magwell or the grip.  I have the PT grip with the Limcat magwell combo.

I'm not sure if a Limcat magwell will fit the Cheely grip or a Cheely magwell will fit the PT grip.  How the magwell locks to the grip seems quite different on the Cheely grip.  Of course, there is also the Atlas grip but I have not played with one before so not sure what the cut is.

BSPS has the Limcat aluminum magwell in stock but I would advise checking what type of grip you have first.

The OP said he bought a Titan RDS. That's the v2 gen pistols, and they all come with the Atlas grip.