Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 20-02 Deja Vu critique request

Draw looks glacial.  You gained little shooting on the move that slowly and could have been moving harder on your second target since it was the wide open one.

I know there are walls and whatnot in the "real" one, but don't think it's a great idea to try and simulate them ad-hoc-- put up a NS or something sideways where the critical part of it is instead.

1 minute ago, shred said:

Draw looks glacial.  You gained little shooting on the move that slowly and could have been moving on your second target.

I know there are walls and whatnot in the "real" one.

True, so would I have been better off to move quicker to the second position and slow down there for a bit to engage those two targets then move quickly to the last position?

Also can you explain what you mean by glacial draw? I’m currently working on improving my draw so this will help a bunch.

Thank you for your feedback!!

What was your draw time to that target?  

I think to do well you pretty much have to exit the first position fast (you shot the wide open target pretty much standing still) and stay moving on the center pair.  Been a while since I shot this one.

One-footing the last position works ok but if you had to go somewhere else from there in the stage you'd be hosed so for general training (versus "hundo this classifier"), I'd work on being stable there.

Yeah, it's a lot to do and most of us don't, but there you go... ;)

You need to roll thru the middle position more aggressively. You actually stop moving at one point. Your draw is a bit slow as well. I would also come into the final position more stable. Your aggressive entry made you out of control and slowed your first shot down a lot. Its also really bad to train "falling" out of the fault line. 

1 hour ago, shred said:

What was your draw time to that target?  

I think to do well you pretty much have to exit the first position fast (you shot the wide open target pretty much standing still) and stay moving on the center pair.  Been a while since I shot this one.

One-footing the last position works ok but if you had to go somewhere else from there in the stage you'd be hosed so for general training (versus "hundo this classifier"), I'd work on being stable there.

Yeah, it's a lot to do and most of us don't, but there you go... ;)

First shot was about 1.34 if I remember correctly. Rather slow but I’m also truing to be consistent in my movement so I can land the dot where I’m looking. I have a lot of work to do in m draw and have not yet developed a good index. This is all great feedback, thank you so much!!

1 hour ago, Maximis228 said:

You need to roll thru the middle position more aggressively. You actually stop moving at one point. Your draw is a bit slow as well. I would also come into the final position more stable. Your aggressive entry made you out of control and slowed your first shot down a lot. Its also really bad to train "falling" out of the fault line. 

That’s a really good observation. I felt out of control there at the end and it did slow me down. Throughout the practice session I struggled with that last position the most. Great feedback!! Thank you!!