Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ISO Gunsmith to perform barrel reaming for Czechmate

pbstar06

as the title says I'm hoping to find a member who is capable of performing barrel reaming for my Czechmate to 1.650 OAL for major loads.

I reached out to patriot defense as a recent search led me there. but they stated they require a dummy load, and I do not own a reloading tool to facilitate that request.

If someone could point me in the direction of a competent smith with the ability to ream the barrels for me i would greatly appreciate it.

Do you know anyone that can load a dummy round for you? 

I'm not sure how many places are going to want to custom cut your chamber for specific ammo with out one of the rounds on hand. 

Maybe ship them a live round. That whole ask forgiveness vs permission thing. 

I could ask someone at our next USPSA match locally. but, waiting weeks for that to come around and any wait after the fact if someone will even do it would kind of suck. 

I'm hoping something pans out here before that but ill keep that in mind if nothing pans out.

but speaking of the ammo. I was going to buy the black Dot 124gr Major they sell on their website. I'm not sure if that would help the potential gunsmith, but I also don't have the ammo on hand yet as I'm trying to get this whole reaming issue sorted before i commit to a large ammo purchase

Edited by pbstar06

• ChuckS locked this topic