Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger .45 acp carbine mags

Looks like an interesting gun as .45 acp is a serious defense caliber.  However, I am asking if there is such a thing as a reliable .45 acp extended (at least 25 rd.) magazine that works.  I see several advertised but don't know if they are any good.

thanks

I bought a Kriss Vector in 45 ACP for home defense. I shoot a JP5 in USPSA but, wanted the extra energy the 45 provides. It uses Glock mags and there are many good extensions from Taylor Freelance, Taran Tactical and others. That with the recoil management inherent in the Kriss is the reason I chose it, The one downside is it is heavy,

looks interesting,  several years ago I shot pins and there was a carbine division. Seems he who could get his 45 carbine to run 5 times in a row won.. The 9's ran, but didnt clear table... If I had stayed I might have looked at a Berretta 40.. their 9's worked

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, currahee1911 said:

Yes, well, thanks. 

But again, please, a .45 acp extended mag that works?

my point was I dont recall even regular mags working 100%

probably same issue as 40's and 9mm's in 1911's.. Thompsons and Grease guns were specifically designed from ground up to be 45 ACP..  Most of these other PCC's were designed around 9mm. I imagine there was some growing pains. I know the kriss isnt a cheap date,, but the early 45's i saw were a bit finnicky

Posted (edited)

I'm having serious doubt about buying this thing.  If it doesn't have reliable 25+ round capability, what good is it. 

What can it do that my Benelli Super 90 (totally reliable) can't do.

I don't need a hobby gun, I need a weapon that I can count on for close range home defense.

Edited by currahee1911
clarity