Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lee decap die upgrade

Ok, so I tried a Lee universal decap die. It was very unimpressive. So I bought a RCBS decap die. It was unimpressive too. So I was poking around Amazon.com and there was an outfit there selling replacement decap pins that had an extra bit of taper in the pin and were hardened. 9.99 for three of them so I figured I would try them. They work. Way better than the stock pin. So if you have a Lee universal decap die gathering dust, go to Amazon and get a set of these pins. They just work.

Glad to hear. I've had good luck with the squirrel daddy hardened decap pins. I bought a 3 pack in 2018. One in the universe Lee, and the other two in undersize pistol dies. They make short work of crimped primers and undersized flash holes (Norma 9mm, IK# .223, etc). They also won't break on the berdan primed brass like the lee factory ones do if you are overzealous with your press.

• 4 weeks later...

After using Lee with hardened pins, mighty armory spring decapper, and FW arms with auto centering. The FW arms is truly the only one I would recommend now. It works so well. It works great for rifle cases that wobble on progressive presses.