Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

32 Acp On A 650

I load several (9 - 38 - .357 - .40 - .45 - .357Sig) calibers on my 650 [ with case loader ]

I want to do .32acp

Have a Colt 1903 - a WWII war souvener Beretta 1934 and a .32acp conversion cylinder for my Nagant

Not a lot - but would like (I think) the capability to do it progressively

I see Dillon does have a 650 conversion for .32 acp

Does any one have experience with this caliber on a 650?

Is it worth it ?

I could load it (32acp)single stage on my rockchucker

(I have everything for that)

or

Get a shellplate for my Piggyback

and do it progressively on that

or

Invest in a 650 conversion

Anybody have any experience or recommendations

ALSO

Does Lee make a

Factory CRIMP Die

That will work on the .32 acp?

I see they do .32 H&R and .32 S&W

Will either of these work on .32ACP ??

I really want the Carbide "Post Seating & Crimping" feature of the FCD

more than the Factory Crimp

( I'm getting quite a few "fat/Bulged" Cases after Seating and Crimping

when I load the .32 acp single stage)

I've adjusted the crimp all over the place but I JUST CAN'T GET RID OF THEM (the bulges)

I've loaded 32 acp successfully for a WW2 Walterr Model PP in 32 acp. When I loaded it, I used RCBS carbide pistol dies. I never really had any issues with bulging cases after they were crimped. I always used whatever available 71 gr fmj's were available, usually Remington or other fmj's from other manufacturers. I tried playing with 85 gr HP's but only had limited success. I do believe Hornady sells a 60 gr HP for the ACP.

I think my load was like 2.2 gr of 231. Velocity was like 700-something and they all seemed to work the slide.

9mm is about the smallest caliber I'd bother doing on the 650. I've not done anything smaller on it. I load my 32 acp on a rock chucker.

Vince

The closest thing I load on my 650 is .32 S&WL & MAG. The only reason I do that is because I got the 650 conversion at an insane price from a guy who had been trying to sell it for over a year and couldn't.

I typically load my low volume caliber's on my 550 because the conversion's are cheaper and it is hard to justify a 650 conversion for a caliber I don't shoot a lot of especially since I already have the conversions for my 550.

That is the only reason I don't load my low volume caliber's on my 650. 550. If it isn't a problem for you go for it. I load up a bunch of .380 on my 650 (using the .223 plate) and it wasn't tough at all. I would think .32 ACP would be fine.

Neal in AZ