Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MPA DS9 IDPA - First Impressions

On 7/16/2024 at 5:45 PM, Seakphotog said:

I have 2 MPAs; 1 with aggressive grips and 1 with standard. I've currently got Lok Boggies on another gun and have had them on more. I'd say the standard grips are slightly less aggressive than new Boggies. The front strap on the aggressive grips is far more aggressive than Boggies.  Mine basically had a lot of needle points.  It was painful.  I've got desk jocky who works out a lot hands - not too soft, but not overly callused either.  I sanded down the points just a touch with 1000 grit paper.  It's kinda perfect now. The side panels of the aggressive grips are similar to the Boggies. I actually wish the side panels on the MPA grips were more aggressive. Anyway, I'd suggest just getting the aggressive grips and if they're too masochistic, just hit them with some fine grit wet/dry sandpaper. Took me 5 minutes to get mine to feel great. 

Great comparison, thanks!

9 hours ago, allamericanbp said:

Random question to the group, I know it comes with an MBX magazine but does anybody know which magazines will work for it? Any 2011 (STI Style) magazine, or specific ones, etc. 

Mine works equally well with MBX or Atlas. 

My practice mags are Prodigy mags. Not 100% reliable but good enough for practice.