Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Howcome Nobody Used The Stuff?

Ray_Z

Every once in a while somebody wants to get rid of their reloading stuff. I've picked up a lot of components this way. Most powders have never been opened. I've aquired a good deal of Solo 1000 and 800x this way. I use the solo in my 40. I drop 4.8 under a Zero 180. It gives me a 168pf and the extreem spread is like really good ( I forget the number ). It's as clean as anything I've ever used. I've never heard anybody using the stuff, how come?

Same thing with 800x. Anybody got any loads for the stuff? I hate to use the stuff to celabrate newyears.

I have used Solo 1000 for a number of years - 9mm, 45ACP, and 38 Special. It shoots soft, runs clean, meters really well, and is not expensive. We go through a few large containeers each year.

A fair number of Revolver guys use it, ICORE and USPSA.

And you don't hear about it because of marketing or lack of it.

Never have used it for 40. I use a slower powder for that one.

As was mentioned 800X is very grainly and doesn't meter too well. It is used for shtoshells so I don't think the inconsistent matters as much.

I have used 800X for one thing, my nuclear 10mm loads. It has the right buring rate to push a 135 JHP @ 1,750 fps and a Hornady 200 XTP at 1,275 fps out of my stock Glock 20 without much in the way of pressure signs. It was a pain because I ended up hand weighing all the charges because I didn't trust it out of a powder measure.

Neal in AZ