Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to buy Versa Max Parts 2023?

3gunNoob

Thanks kurtm,

could you expand on c and e clips. These small parts are my weakness. And what are technical measurements I need to take. I know it sounds ignorant of me but I am happy if I can get them. These small Remington parts are unattainable.

The diameter of the grove the "snap ring" fits in is the size you need. There are snap rings which look like round rings with a section cut away. C clips that are more like a washer with a section cut away. And E clips which are basically a C clip with a tab added in the middle of the C to help center the clip. From the picture it looks to me like they are C clips, but that isn't a good picture. I would take the parts the clips go into with me to Ace and have them help you out. Note.... Don't take the gun, just the parts that need the clips. 

Hey Kurtm

so I disassembled the stock from the action tube. The he. Nut that holds the spring in the tube is not budging. I am nervous about applying too much torque and damaging the other end that attaches to receiver. Any ideas to loosen the nut. 

I really don't remember if the Remington has a pin through the tube holding the nut or not. If not try heating it with a torch. Benelli's use a thread locking compound on the nut, I just don't remember if Remington does, but heat won't hurt anything and might help. 

I can find all the parts for the action spring assembly. I’m gonna buy them all and make a 2nd set. Kurtm, I don’t have a torch or anything to heat up that screw. And the damn screw only has 1/4 inch to grab. I’m pissed, I never gave up on a disassembly before. I also have figured out that the spring is the cause of my problem. ☹️