Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BUL Armory SAS SAW

ThomasT

• 3 weeks later...

We had two BULs—an SAS II Standard and a UR Shorty for Open. The Standard is the same as your Saw but without the “saw” design on the slide. Ran them for a season and had very good luck with both. Only thing is their proprietary mags. Worked great but capacity is lower than regular 2011 mags. I’m B class so wasn’t a huge issue. Was impressed with guns overall.

I have a Trophy Saw 9mm 1911 and a Bul Radical 5.4 which are Excellent shooting guns.

Duting a  practice session the elevation screw broke on the 5.4 gun.  I found out the rear sight isn’t an Lpa or a Bomar cut sight, it is a Bul armory made in house.

i robbed the screw out of the 1911 to shoot a match and tried to find a screw.

No one has replacement screws as it is a metric odd ball thread.

Bul Armory was very efficient to sell me a new sight but no replacement parts.

This makes my love for my Dan Wesson guns even greater now. 

Edited by Nc1911

14 hours ago, asierra350 said:

I sent my Radical 5.7 slide to get milled for an optic, looking forward to trying it

Did you remove the rear sight before you sent it to them?
if so I would be interested in purchasing it.

I recently purchased the SAS II UL with the Shield RMSc optic. I was surprised to see that the original rear adjustable sight and base plate did not ship with the gun. Do you know of anybody who can sell the original rear adjustable sight with base plate? I would like to have them as an option.

16 minutes ago, rapture090 said:

I recently purchased the SAS II UL with the Shield RMSc optic. I was surprised to see that the original rear adjustable sight and base plate did not ship with the gun. Do you know of anybody who can sell the original rear adjustable sight with base plate? I would like to have them as an option.

Maybe here, I got fast service from them.

https://www.usa.bularmory.com/online-store/SIGHTS-AND-OPTIC-SYSTEMS-c121211506

On 12/16/2023 at 4:41 PM, Nc1911 said:

I have a Trophy Saw 9mm 1911 and a Bul Radical 5.4 which are Excellent shooting guns.

Duting a  practice session the elevation screw broke on the 5.4 gun.  I found out the rear sight isn’t an Lpa or a Bomar cut sight, it is a Bul armory made in house.

i robbed the screw out of the 1911 to shoot a match and tried to find a screw.

No one has replacement screws as it is a metric odd ball thread.

Bul Armory was very efficient to sell me a new sight but no replacement parts.

This makes my love for my Dan Wesson guns even greater now. 

I have a SAS II, and had the same exact issue with my sight.  While I was able to get some parts second hand, I ended up having to drop the cash for a new sight after a while.

Aside from that, I absolutely love my BUL.

• 2 weeks later...