Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are MBX Mags for a Shadow 2 Worth It?

PCC_GUY

Best advice a shooter gave me for the MBX mags was to ALWAYS clean them with a brush if they hit the ground. I didn't do that ONCE and the next stage had a mis-feed. Never have had that happen since I started brushing them if they hit the dirt.

9 hours ago, flyinverted said:

Best advice a shooter gave me for the MBX mags was to ALWAYS clean them with a brush if they hit the ground. I didn't do that ONCE and the next stage had a mis-feed. Never have had that happen since I started brushing them if they hit the dirt.

I agree, but I think it's more firearm dependent. Mags for 2011s, 1911, CZs, in my humble opinion, need to be cleaned out whenever they come in contact with dirt, dust, sand, mud, etc. If your range is nice grass or larger stone you could get away with it if it doesn't feel gritty when loading it back up. For striker fired, I couldn't be bothered to clean those mags in any condition.

MBX's are my go to 2011 mags but I haven't bought any for CZs. The Mec-gars are great. I've used Taran, CZC, Taylor Freelance and Team AC pads with them with mostly Gram's springs and followers. I'm still testing the Team AC kits as well as the Rune Tactical kits as I don't trust them yet. Most of the time having 24 in the mag doesn't make a difference so I end up using a mag with Gram's kit.

• 7 months later...