Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is Cz P-01 Legal For Ssp?

E53X5

Does anybody know whether or not CZ P-01 is SSP legal? The full length dust cover is only illegal in ESP, and even there it wouldn't apply in this case since P-01 has aluminum frame. The weight also seems to be well within the 39oz. limit - according to CZ-usa.com the P-01 is 1.7lbs = 27.2oz; even if it doesn't include a magazine, I don't suppose a magazine would be over 10oz. Both width and height seem to be within the limit as well, unless the numbers on the website don't include the magazine. I don't know about the length since it's not listed on their website, only barrel length. So, can anyone confirm, or otherwise, legality of this gun for SSP? TIA.

P.S. If it is legal, would it be a good choice for SSP? Or would CZ 75 or CZ 85 be a better way to go? If so, why? I'm currently shooting G17, but it's not working out very well for me... :(

P.P.S. There also seems to be CZ 75 SP-01 that looks very similar to P-01; is it the same model, or are there any differences between the two?

Edited by E53X5

Could not tell you specifically..but the P01 seems to meet all the requirements of SSP..

I was planning on getting one and shooting a little IDPA this year in SSP..so I hope the answer is yes..

The P01 and the SP01 are similar in looks..except the SP01 is full size gun like the 75/85 and is all steel, not an alloy frame. The SP01 takes 19 round mags too compared to the smaller P01.

the frame style is similar..which I find more comfortable and allows a deeper grip than the 75b. and has the recurved trigger..which fits my short fingers better..

The 75b/85c guns are good shooters too..and do well in SSP.

it fits in the box and makes weight , G2G in SSP.

The only ones I've seen around here have been in 40sw , quite a handful with factory loads but should be pleasant with reloads suited to IDPA power floor. I don't know if regular CZ75 mags will fit in that stubby little grip .

post-1307-1135923783_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mark Perez

Thanks guys. I didn't realize the P-01 was a compact size gun. SP-01 is more along the lines of what I'd want; however, it looks like it's not SSP-legal due to its weight. :( I guess I'll have to keep looking for either 75 or 85.