Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match Talk- 2 Majors in one weekend

THS

If the weather cooperates (yes this is supposed to be fun and trashing my gear is no longer fun) I will shoot the VA State Championships on Friday and the Ruger Aiming for Zero (Sectional?) in New Hampshire on Sunday.

The VA state looks to be around 230 rounds, with NH being 280ish.   My goal is to be more aggressive than the last few locals and try to move more smoothly.  I looked at cell phone video and my footwork was / is horrible, and along with stepping over fault lines and having to back up, forgetting to reload, and taking the "safe" tactic on a few stages I have been about mid-pack.  

VA State has an interesting stage- Fixed time field course.  I'm assuming any shot more than .30 sec over time will result in removal of an A, even if the target shot at has a highest scoring value of a C.   I sure hope I can hear the timer and the RO is close with it.

NH has a shoot house, which makes for some vision changes as the inside is darker than outside.  

Should be a good time at both places.

Virginia state was a good time!

The stages were varied, including one that was a cardio test ha ha.

My goal was not to shoot any misses or no shoots. And I did that except I forgot to shoot one target on “retreat” after changing my plan at the “make ready command .”   So looking at it positively, I didn’t actually SHOOT any misses or no shoots, but I got one , and an FTE.  Ha ha.

My second goal is to place in the top third of my division. We’ll see how that goal shakes out after everybody shoots Sunday.

The lunch from Bobby’s Q was great. It was good to see old friends.

I got too greedy on the fixed time field course and tried to shoot six targets instead of the four I felt I could’ve shot two alphas each in control.   Ended up with 20 points, not a good stage. 

More moving back up Range, and side to side, than I remember from the past. All of which makes you focus very closely on muzzle direction or a DQ for sure!

The weather is supposed to be great this weekend. We had drizzle a couple times, but never shot with the bags on.

Thanks to everyone who works to put this on. Allan Meek and the rest of the Fredericksburg staff did a great job!

Edited by THS
Wording