Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TK speed trigger

Squirrel45

Never heard of that.

Maybe I'm a cynic, but the main purpose of this is to separate $170 from you to them.

A tuned factory S&W trigger is all that Jerry needs.

The rest of us mere mortals would likely be better served by expending that amount on ammo and practice.

My $0.02, YMMV

I have another after market trigger and hammer installedin my 929 and really didn't feel a difference from the cleaned up OEM components. The only advantage I can see is that you're replacing MIM parts with hardened steel parts if that really matters. Not sure I'd do it again for the ~$300.

15 hours ago, Speedwagon said:

I have another after market trigger and hammer installed in my 929 and really didn't feel a difference from the cleaned up OEM components. The only advantage I can see is that you're replacing MIM parts with hardened steel parts if that really matters. Not sure I'd do it again for the ~$300.

On the first N frame that I tuned the trigger I ordered a stock hammer from Numrich Arms and followed the best I could the pics of "Carmonized" hammers. Changed the rebound spring, re-bent the leaf spring and polished a little. Got the Hammer to 6 1?2 lbs. All good. When I sent the gun to Boss Hoss after 25K rounds, he took a bit more off the hammer to lighten it further. Lot of rounds through that gun and still going strong.

From what I understand, the MIM parts are hardened. I guess molded parts are less expensive and can still be hard? Why folks are scared of them is beyond me. I don't remember seeing them fail.

The MIM parts, done right, are not a problem. S&W has very high quality MIM parts. They don't look as nice as forged, machined parts, but they are every bit as strong and work just as well. The  S&W engineering and design and actual manufacturing are some of the best in the industry. I don't see a need to replace them unless there is a tangible mechanical benefit. Some might say that a better appearance is worth the cost. Then it is to them.