Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 trigger reset issues

bluedevil008

Team,

I'm new to the CZ world.  All of my research on Shadow 2 trigger issues, and I haven't been able to find this specific issue described. Once the trigger is pulled and the hammer goes down, the trigger does not reset.  But the most bizarre thing is that there is almost no pressure on the trigger bar/trigger to return forward.  It feels like it's rubbing against something.

This goes for both DA/SA mode.  The trigger is an Eeman Ultimate, and I just installed the eeman brass disco, however, the issue existed with the old disco as well.  I have not done any material removal to it yet, as I'm not sure that will fix the issue.   Also, previously, it had a CZC trigger in it, the gun WOULD operate, but the reset would often get caught up and feel like it's rubbing, with the new trigger, it now feels like it every time and is not operational.  I completely stripped the frame and cleaned it.  Pre and post travel screws are set to maximum range of motion.

These two very quick videos demonstrate the issue:

https://youtu.be/IrvubeMDiO4

https://youtube.com/shorts/Qhibm4_cyTU?feature=share

Any and all help is much appreciated!

Check to see if your trigger bar support spring is giving enough tension, and that it’s not caught in between the frame of the gun or the trigger bar. 

The retaining screw (that also holds the mag release) which affects the tension of the trigger bar support spring might also be canting the spring right/left that it causes it to bind. 

2 hours ago, SouperMan said:

Check to see if your trigger bar support spring is giving enough tension, and that it’s not caught in between the frame of the gun or the trigger bar. 

The retaining screw (that also holds the mag release) which affects the tension of the trigger bar support spring might also be canting the spring right/left that it causes it to bind. 

This.
I also completely stripped my Shadow 2 for cleaning, after which I started having similar issues. The screw had come loose and the trigger bar spring was not applying enough pressure on the trigger bar for it to function properly.

4 hours ago, bluedevil008 said:

I'm new to the CZ world.  All of my research on Shadow 2 trigger issues, and I haven't been able to find this specific issue

I have to be honest, I tried couple of Eemann tech products and found them inferior in wear, and expensive. For the Shadow 2 the trigger issues you posted are not a problem with Cajon Pro or the CZCustom kits. These are time tested kits in Shadow 2s with tens of thousands of rounds in a gun with out failure, when installed properly. 

Yes I read you had a CZC trigger in the gun with the issue. That tells us readers the installer made some sort of error during the install. 

I personally have never seen a “Brass disco.” A relatively soft material like brass won’t last very long as a disconnector.

A heavy trigger return spring should not be needed. Even if the spring breaks the trigger should be able to manually be return smoothly. 

First rule when you have a problem, go back to stock and add a modification one piece at a time until the problem returns. 

Good luck. 

Edited by HesedTech

7 hours ago, SouperMan said:

This is something to definitely check out. Just before going this, try adding oil between the trigger bar and the side of the frame. When I first got my S2 it would get stuck and a little oil helped. It has smoothed out and worked itself out since then and I don't have to worry about it so much.

Does this issue happen with the factory trigger return spring?

5 minutes ago, darthdively said:

This is something to definitely check out. Just before going this, try adding oil between the trigger bar and the side of the frame. When I first got my S2 it would get stuck and a little oil helped. It has smoothed out and worked itself out since then and I don't have to worry about it so much.

Does this issue happen with the factory trigger return spring?

Thanks for all the advice folks!  Lots of quick replies.  I will try messing with the trigger bar spring.  In person, it seems like a likely culprit as my gut feeling is that the trigger bar is one of the primary issues. 

Then I'll go back to re-installing the factory parts. 

Good to know on the brass disco, I really like this Ultimate trigger, I have it on my other S2 with no issues, so I'm going to try and make this one work.

Ok, I fixed the issue! I was able to remove the grittiness and "catching" in the reset by oiling in between the frame and trigger bar.  I had to completely remove the pre-travel screw form the Eeman Tech to allow it to reset in DA.