Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Master Piece Arms Grips

HOGRIDER

1 hour ago, scooterj said:

I have installed X-Line triggers in 3 different MPA pistols. 
It shouldn’t be difficult to do so with most “2011” triggers. 
Grip safeties may need some fitting. The MPA grip is cut pretty high. 

@scooterj

Wondering if Atlas' current X-line triggers are the same as the original Gepperts they originally sold?

I have a NIB original Geppert/Atlas X-Line Vario Triggers – Medium Flat identical to this one.  Purchased it about 4 years ago from Atlas.....

https://www.speedshooter.com/product/atlas-x-line-vario-triggers-medium-flat/

Atlas current "X-Line" trigger system appears to have the same features; just not sure if they are still the Geppert version or an OEM Atlas offering:

https://atlasgunworks.com/product-details?id=1928697

Thanks for your insight.........

👍

One of the X-line triggers was an older one that was previously fit to a Cheely grip, was nearly a drop-in with the MPA. The newer triggers seem to have a little thicker material for the bow, but that wasn’t much of an issue. 

13 minutes ago, scooterj said:

One of the X-line triggers was an older one that was previously fit to a Cheely grip, was nearly a drop-in with the MPA. The newer triggers seem to have a little thicker material for the bow, but that wasn’t much of an issue. 

Do the newer triggers still have the Geppert logo imprinted on the right bow?

Again, THANKS for your detailed info!  

👍👍

16 hours ago, HOGRIDER said:

I've got about 90% of the information I need so far; should have the final piece of the puzzle by weeks end....... 

@scooterjThanks for your feedback!

;)  👍

Sorry I haven’t gotten back to you. I was beat from the heat. 

While I hope @scooterjwill come through with the info on his Atlas triggers having any "logo" on the trigger bow, I thought I would share some info regarding the new trigger offering I received from Glenn at Lone Star Industries.

It is similar to an Atlas/Geppert in that the shoe threads onto a post attached to the bow.  This feature also allows some "fine tuning" of adding/removing some OAL by the end user for personal needs.  It utilizes a #4-40 threaded post and uses a .050 Allen wrench for setting overtravel screw length.

I have not fitted this shoe to anything yet, but comparing to an MPA SS grip it would probably need ~.005" to .006" overall removed from the top and bottom of the shoe.  Width is fine; and the trigger bow fits the grip perfectly!

HTHs

LSI Trig1.png

LSI Trig2.png

3 minutes ago, scooterj said:

@HOGRIDER thanks for calling me out. 😜 I had a couple issues today and as it turns out ALL of my grip screws were loose. 

I found out real quick that MPA uses a healthy dose of Loctite on grip screws.......guess it should be SOP...........

Hope your "loose screws" didn't forfeit a match!

:cheers:

Edited by HOGRIDER
sp

• 6 months later...

Being inspired by @scooterj's success at installing an Atlas trigger in an MPA grip, I decided that since I really liked the look and function of the Red Dirt USA triggers, I was going to see how much work would be involved in adapting one for an MPA SS grip.  I decided the "Cheely" version offered the closest dimensions to the MPA; and that it might be able to work with some dedicated modifications; especially the OAL of the trigger bow which is quiet a bit longer on the Cheely . 

My first observation is that MPA is dedicating the manufacturing of their grips to be a bit "proprietary" in order to encourage (?) shooters to use the OEM offerings for their replacement triggers.  For my personal use, I like a trigger that has a fully supported bow rather than having the front of the bow aligned in the MPA grip's trigger bow channel by the height of the trigger shoe in it's dedicated track.  I'm sure others feel my concerns are unwarranted........

After having a Master Machinist friend reduce the thickness of the front of the trigger bow, I was able to utilize the Red Dirt USA trigger, have all safety functions pass,  and still have sufficient "pre-travel" to allow full function of the hammer's half cock with full disconnector reset!

IMHO, I think it turned out very nice and am in the process of field testing in the very near future.  Dry fire, feel, fit, and function are excellent in bench testing!

💡

RDCheely.png

On 3/21/2024 at 1:16 PM, HOGRIDER said:

Being inspired by @scooterj's success at installing an Atlas trigger in an MPA grip, I decided that since I really liked the look and function of the Red Dirt USA triggers, I was going to see how much work would be involved in adapting one for an MPA SS grip.  I decided the "Cheely" version offered the closest dimensions to the MPA; and that it might be able to work with some dedicated modifications; especially the OAL of the trigger bow which is quiet a bit longer on the Cheely . 

My first observation is that MPA is dedicating the manufacturing of their grips to be a bit "proprietary" in order to encourage (?) shooters to use the OEM offerings for their replacement triggers.  For my personal use, I like a trigger that has a fully supported bow rather than having the front of the bow aligned in the MPA grip's trigger bow channel by the height of the trigger shoe in it's dedicated track.  I'm sure others feel my concerns are unwarranted........

After having a Master Machinist friend reduce the thickness of the front of the trigger bow, I was able to utilize the Red Dirt USA trigger, have all safety functions pass,  and still have sufficient "pre-travel" to allow full function of the hammer's half cock with full disconnector reset!

IMHO, I think it turned out very nice and am in the process of field testing in the very near future.  Dry fire, feel, fit, and function are excellent in bench testing!

💡

RDCheely.png

Looks good! I have the same trigger 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Posvar said:

Looks good! I have the same trigger 

Yea, RD makes a great looking and functioning trigger!  What grip/pistol is yours in?

Edited by HOGRIDER
sp

9 minutes ago, HOGRIDER said:

Yea, RD makes a great looking and functioning trigger!  What grip/pistol is yours in?

Cheely. Tried to get an MPA but they are way behind. 

2 minutes ago, Posvar said:

Cheely. Tried to get an MPA but they are way behind. 

IF you did have an MPA, it would have taken a lot of "adjusting" to make the Cheely version fit!

😟

2 minutes ago, HOGRIDER said:

IF you did have an MPA, it would have taken a lot of "adjusting" to make the Cheely version fit!

😟

I have heard that. You did well 

3 minutes ago, Posvar said:

I have heard that. You did well 

Thank you!  But I have to confess I have a good friend that's a CNC Master Machinist that made the "major" mods to my specs........

;)

57 minutes ago, HOGRIDER said:

Thank you!  But I have to confess I have a good friend that's a CNC Master Machinist that made the "major" mods to my specs........

;)

❤️