Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking For A 627 6.5" 8-shot For Sale!

J.Bagakis

I think this is a good place to ask.

I have been looking for an 6.5" 627 8-shot for some time now.

S&W only made a limited run of these revolvers, they look just like the 5" 627 .38/357 they sell now just with the longer barrel.

So if anyone knows of one of these 627s (or just the barrel) that might be for sale please let me know!

Thanks John.

John, I havent seen the 6.5s anywhere. Almost three years ago I called every REVO smith I could think off, along with parts companies that handle Smith Revo parts. Nada. I ended up putting a 6.5 tapered bbl off of a Mo. 28 on one of my 627s for my stock gun, similar to what Jason did for his Stock Revo. Maybe someone will see your add that has one! Good luck and good to see you on the forums! Hope to see you next year at the SC again! Doug Carden

Edited by DougC

I think this is a good place to ask.

I have been looking for an 6.5" 627 8-shot for some time now.

S&W only made a limited run of these revolvers, they look just like the 5" 627 .38/357 they sell now just with the longer barrel.

So if anyone knows of one of these 627s (or just the barrel) that might be for sale please let me know!

Thanks John.

I have one that is going to be removed sometime in the near future by Pinnacle High Performance. Problem is that it has been ported. Let me know if you are interested.

Dean

I found one like you want at a pawn shop in Florida. It came up on a google search last summer. I had looked for over a year. There was a 27-7 6.5 inch on guns am. a few weeks ago. There were only 100 of them made in 2000. There were 200 of the 627-2PC 6.5 inch guns made. Here is a pic of each. Good luck. If I come accross another one I'll let you know. Chris

http://www.parkcitiestactical.com/album/00...0_made_1998.jpg

http://www.parkcitiestactical.com/album/00..._100_4_inch.jpg

Edited by festus1

Ditto what DougC said, I bought a M27/28 barrel and put it on a 627, I like the feel and

balance better than the 6.5 PC (I have one, but it's retired) at least with steel and ICORE

loads anyway.

The 27-7 is basicly the same as what Doug and I did.

Good luck on your search, you have to wonder why S&W hasen't come out with another

run of them.

ps, I have a 6 inch M28 barrel if your interested.