Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SINTERFIRE Frangible Projectiles - Anyone ever loaded these bullets and if so any issues?

Sigarmsp226

Wanted to ask of anyone has ever loaded and shot any 9mm and/or 38 Spl. Sinterfire Frangible Projectiles?  I ask because I recently acquired 1000 projectiles of 90 Gr 9mm and 1000 projectiles of the 110 Gr. 38 Spl.

Sinterfire has load data on their website but before I load a small batch for each caliber I wanted to ask if anyone has any comments, guidance, feedback.  This unloaded projectile will “crack” into pieces when laid on a hard surface and struck (not so hard) with a hammer and this scares me a little. Never had a round crack into pieces like this non loaded projectile. 

My plan is to use these ONLY for Steel Challenge practice and local matches….Thanks for any replies….

Edited by Sigarmsp226

I used to load these.

They shoot well. 

They are a little tricky because when straiten the case bell to much it will fracture the bullet point off. 

I have loaded thousands of these. Some sat in an ammo can and it seemed like the powder may have lost power. They worked fine when freshly loaded but not after a while. Not sure if it was the powder or the bullet. 

We used to train on steel at close range and never had a problem.