Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match Director Guidelines

Sarge

My club is having issues with a few match directors. They want to create a document or handbook for match directors to follow.

I offered to search other clubs, this forum, etc in hopes of finding a good example to work from.

looking for items like but not limited to:

*When is match report due

*when does income have to be deposited
*can funds be withheld after a match for things like end of year cookout or banquet 

*Do MD’s get perks like free club membership, etc

*specific language requiring MD’s to follow guidelines

*does MD sign something to acknowledge duties and expectations

etc etc

The club I MD doesn't have a formal document but we do have a good process on the financial side.

The Gun Club has a separate bank account for the USPSA group. 

Several of the match staff have debit cards for this account to use for match supplies.

The club treasurer maintains the bank account and can sweep money out of it to the main club accounts at any time.

When any of the card holders use a card they email the treasurer the receipt, so far all parties have been much happier with this system than the previous cash and paper system.

It is a trust based system where the club has the control to turn off the tap if that trust is violated, also the only risk involved is whatever funds the club leaves in the USPSA account. 

At my club I no longer submit a report for the match with attendance, income and expenses, because they see both the income and expenses in detail and the attendance portion was just a way to verify they were getting the right amount of money.

At my club MD and match staff get a perk of the key to the props, at another local club the MD gets a free membership. 

Hope this helps