Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX Extreme springs and followers?

HOGRIDER

1 minute ago, Juggernaut said:

Placed the order just a minute ago!  Thanks for your advice brother!

Glad to help!  FYI, the 9S looks like this; and the LCO/Ultra Max looks like this.  Has the very small "X" on the left rear.  Also note the profile difference.........

9S Follower.png

Ultra Max Follower Rear 1.png

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, HOGRIDER said:

Glad to help!  FYI, the 9S looks like this; and the LCO/Ultra Max looks like this.  Has the very small "X" on the left rear.  Also note the profile difference.........

9S Follower.png

Ultra Max Follower Rear 1.png

My current ones are definitely 9S.  I’ll confirm the X when they get here in a week.  That’s a long wait!  Will have to shoot the Rival in the meantime.  Btw, confirming your report, I can get 24 in the mag with the 9S follower, but it will not load on a closed slide.  It will go in on an open slide and give you a 23+1.  I’m not happy with the amount of pressure needed to get a 23 round mag in.  Will shoot it tomorrow with different amounts just to see what I get.

4 minutes ago, Juggernaut said:

My current ones are definitely 9S.  I’ll confirm the X when they get here in a week.  That’s a long wait!  Will have to shoot the Rival in the meantime.  Btw, confirming your report, I can get 24 in the mag with the 9S follower, but it will not load on a closed slide.  It will go in on an open slide and give you a 23+1.  I’m not happy with the amount of pressure needed to get a 23 round mag in.  Will shoot it tomorrow with different amounts just to see what I get.

As I started this thread due to the same issues your experiencing; just remember that even though you will get 24 rounds in the mag, there's a good chance it will not engage the mag release lock if the slide is forward/closed!  

MBX's position is that the mag can be loaded to 24; but does not necessarily mean it can be inserted in a pistol in a 24+1 configuration...........

Read carefully:

👍

I don’t think it is going to load, but will give it a shot.  So I placed my order from the link you sent and It does not mention UltraMax on it.  Would you have any part numbers from your invoices to see if I am getting the right springs?

Here is the invoice I just got after ordering:

IMG_0176.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Juggernaut said:

I don’t think it is going to load, but will give it a shot.  So I placed my order from the link you sent and It does not mention UltraMax on it.  Would you have any part numbers from your invoices to see if I am getting the right springs?

Here is the invoice I just got after ordering:

IMG_0176.jpeg

Your order is correct!

"SPF-CO2011" is the spring and follower for the Carry Optics 2011.

"SP-11S" is the 11 coil spring.  Correct for the 140 mm mags.

"F-9CX" is the "X" 9mm Competition Follower.

Again, if you ordered from THIS LINK then you will be good to go!

https://mbxextreme.com/index.php?page=Magazines_Optic_2011#!/~/

BTW:  Once the 24th round was loaded on my "X" mags, there was ZERO additional give/compression on that top round to allow mag catch lock with the slide forward/closed.  I do feel 2-3 WEEKS with the mags loaded to 24 should allow the springs to "settle" and allow insertion/locking on a closed slide resulting in 24+1 if desired.

👍

4 minutes ago, Juggernaut said:

Dammit!  These are not the UltraMax follower and springs.  Trying to catch them before they send anything…

Why do you think this?  Mine absolutely came in an Ultra Max package but there was no mention of it on the invoicing...........

LCO Exchange.png

Edited by HOGRIDER
sp

There packaging lacks any part numbers.  My magazine bags shows all the info on the back except what type of spring and follower.  I have the 9S followers, want the newest ones they make.  Hopefully, they will contact me before shipping.

Just now, Juggernaut said:

There packaging lacks any part numbers.  My magazine bags shows all the info on the back except what type of spring and follower.  I have the 9S followers, want the newest ones they make.  Hopefully, they will contact me before shipping.

At this point, I think you'll be fine........  :)

However, first thing Monday morning (EST), I WOULD CALL the number at the bottom of the page and talk to Matt.  Tell him your order number and that you meant to order the new Limited Carry Optics Springs and Followers; and let him check and make sure.  If not, he will fix it before your order goes out.  He's super helpful and provides great Customer Service.

IMO, based on a mag I ordered at the beginning of my ordeal before I knew any better, if the springs and followers your ordered were the 9S version they would show a part number like was on my mag order that came with the 9S follower!

SP-11S F-S9C

My understanding is that "F-S9C" represents the 9S Competition follower.

Like I mentioned above, mine arrived in an Ultra Max package; and at this point I'm not sure there's any difference in the Ultra Max and the Limited Carry Optics springs and followers!  Same spring length, spring diameter, and number of coils; and the UM and LCO followers are IDENTICAL!  This is FACT!

And yes, the lack of part numbers, etc. on the packaging is a bit confusing.......

👍

Sent emails and left message already.  Will follow up on Monday with them and hope to get the right ones.  Now I am not betting that the X followers are going to make the 24 work, but it might get close or maybe it will work.  Either way, I got 23+1 and that is better than 20!

On 7/7/2023 at 10:22 PM, Juggernaut said:

Sent emails and left message already.  Will follow up on Monday with them and hope to get the right ones.  Now I am not betting that the X followers are going to make the 24 work, but it might get close or maybe it will work.  Either way, I got 23+1 and that is better than 20!

@JuggernautWondering if you got ahold of Matt at MBX customer service?

11 hours ago, HOGRIDER said:

@JuggernautWondering if you got ahold of Matt at MBX customer service?

Yes, he called me first thing and I have the right springs and followers on the way. I am using MBX mags in a Staccato XL and they can hold 23 rounds. Max amounts are definitely dependent on the firearm itself. I can get 24 in the mags, but it will not load on a closed slide. 

Also, the mags need to be loaded multiple times and then left loaded to get that spring “settled”. I went from a max of 22 to 24 this way. My Canik mags went from 18 to 24 after breaking the springs in. The Canik will run 23+ 1.  It can load full mags with no issues, unlike the Staccato. 

I ordered the Carry Optics set, but they have the X followers and I can use them in my Staccato tubes if I want. I’ll update when they get here!