Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooters world Clean Shot for 124 Grain

stephenmcrna

I was using the Shooters World Book and when I said the Max, I was going by memory which apparently is as weak as my Power Factor. 

I do not have another Sanctioned match till December. I will have it worked out by then. 

Is there a new better 9mm powder? Not Titegroup. All I have used is W231 mostly and now Cleanshot. 

43 minutes ago, iflyskyhigh said:

I live in AZ. Day time temps from 50°s in the winter to 110°+ in the summer. 4.0 grs with any 125gr lead bullet has given me 130ish PF. Regardless of weather. Out of multiple 4.5-5” barreled pistols. And this is over multiple 5 pound jugs from various lots. 🤷

I was truly expecting 132 PF or so. I was also using once fired brass for consistency and Federal Magnum primers. 

I would blame my chrono but too many other factors say I should have been good. Thanks for the comments. 

So both your chrono and the major match chrono are showing similar data?

Any chance you can check against a third chrono?

I don't know for sure as I did not check the 4.5 grain load that I failed on but 1 grain over max should have got me 125 PF at least. 

There were very few total Dq's so everyone else was passing chrono. 

(assuming USPSA/IPSC) Although they show up at the bottom of the list, failing to make Minor PF is a zero score rather than a DQ.  If a declared-major shooter in one of those divisions didn't make it it'll just look like they declared Minor.. with a high PF if there's a separate Chrono stage you can look at.

If they DQed you for sub-minor they did it wrong.

23 hours ago, oldfrank said:

I don't know for sure as I did not check the 4.5 grain load that I failed on but 1 grain over max should have got me 125 PF at least. 

There were very few total Dq's so everyone else was passing chrono. 

Never assume anything when it comes to reloading! It will bite you sooner or later.