Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Deepest optic milling for SRO.

Cuz

There are lots of places that mill Glock slides for optics. I’m wondering who makes the deepest cut to lower the optic as much as possible. I will mill my slide in a race cut fashion all the way back, so there will be no sights installed on the slide to worry about. I currently have a slide done by BattleWerx which I like, but before I send them another one, I figured I’d ask here to see if anyone does a deeper cut. 

Edit:  The milling will be for a Trijicon SRO optic. 

Thanks,

Cuz

Edited by Cuz

So, after some email and internet searches, I’ve found:

0.160” deep for Maple Leaf Firearms.
0.150” deep for BattleWerx. 
0.125” deep for Jagerwerks. 

Edited by Cuz

1 hour ago, bulldog009 said:

What optic? I know Wager Machineworks does a really deep one for the 509t, deeper than others. 

Trijicon SRO. 
I updated the main post to include that. 
thanks. 

On 6/4/2023 at 8:05 AM, Cuz said:

So, after some email and internet searches, I’ve found:

0.160” deep for Maple Leaf Firearms.
0.150” deep for BattleWerx. 
0.125” deep for Jagerwerks. 

I decided to go with BattleWerx, again. They are not the deepest, and there are many places out there to choose from, but in the end, it was logically an easy choice. They did my primary gun about 18 months ago and I’ve been very happy with it, so I want my backup gun to be set up the same way. Just waiting for them to have a sale on slide milling before I send it off…

What is their typical turn around time? I'm in a similar planning phase for a new build and trying to decide where to send it. WagerMachine is high on my list because they typically get it back to you within a week.

3 hours ago, bulldog009 said:

What is their typical turn around time? I'm in a similar planning phase for a new build and trying to decide where to send it. WagerMachine is high on my list because they typically get it back to you within a week.

I have no idea, but I bet it’s in the 4-6 week range. They did my last one about 18 months ago, I don’t remember how long it took. Time isn’t really an issue for me as I already have my primary G17 and a G34 as a backup. This one will be setup to replace the backup 34 with an identical 17 to the one I shoot now. I don’t like the 34 because it’s an MOS. I’ll end up putting a set of Sevigny Competition sights on it and one of my kids will shoot it. 

I know you went with BattleWerx but maybe for the next gun you should reach out to Monsoon Tactical - I don't know if they're the deepest but Vinny is a great guy to work with and you can discuss how deep of a cut they do/can do to meet your expectations. Had him work on a couple guns for me and they've all come back amazing.

One downside is wait time - queue once you get your order in before you get the notice to send in your gun is about 6-8 weeks (depending on how busy) but once you get the go ahead, typically get it back in 2 weeks (depending on work/paint job).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, RedDotsOnly said:

Jagerwerks does great work - May not be the deepest but it's awesome. The depth is extremely negliable between companies

I agree the depths are negligible, and there are a lot of places that do very good work.