Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TSO Precision Problems

lars_ger

Hi all,

I own a CZ TSO from 2018. It is my first pistol and my main use is Bullseye shooting (25m/~25yards) In the past I was able to shoot 8-9 but nowadays I have problems to even hit the 7. Since 2018 my shooting skills improved and with other guns I am more in the 9-10 range.

I already tried different types of ammo, changed the barrel bushing  and tried some different springs but no improvement.

An of you had the same problems ?

Regards,

Lars

I bought new TSO in 2016 and it had a big backlash  in the bushing. The best group I was able to make with it from 20 meters when the gun was  in rest  was 15 cm.
I replaced the bushing and it immediately started shooting a   2 cm groups  from 20 m. 10 rounds.

On 5/22/2023 at 3:01 AM, lars_ger said:

Hi all,

I own a CZ TSO from 2018. It is my first pistol and my main use is Bullseye shooting (25m/~25yards) In the past I was able to shoot 8-9 but nowadays I have problems to even hit the 7. Since 2018 my shooting skills improved and with other guns I am more in the 9-10 range.

I already tried different types of ammo, changed the barrel bushing  and tried some different springs but no improvement.

An of you had the same problems ?

Regards,

Lars

Have you tried shooting it from a bench rest? What kind of groupings are you getting? 

On 5/23/2023 at 10:07 PM, yigal said:

I already replaced with the exact same bushing. Unfortunately Benchrest is not available, but I shot it from sandbag. The results were as mentioned above more in the 7 range

2 hours ago, lars_ger said:

I already replaced with the exact same bushing. Unfortunately Benchrest is not available, but I shot it from sandbag. The results were as mentioned above more in the 7 range

In many of our CZ pistols at the club, the bushing in TSO is horribly installed. Probably by people without basic knowledge in this profession.🙈

sand bag is OK.

Edited by yigal

7 hours ago, yigal said:

In many of our CZ pistols at the club, the bushing in TSO is horribly installed. Probably by people without basic knowledge in this profession.🙈

sand bag is OK.

Could you please explain what to look for? Or how it should be properly installed ? 

1 hour ago, lars_ger said:

Could you please explain what to look for? Or how it should be properly installed ? 

Sorry, but it's hard for me to explain, because English is not a language I can express myself well. The bushing in the picture has tight fit  and should be installed by a  pro.

After one season of use my TS bushing wore badly.  It was initially tight and shot good groups.   At the end the season the difference between barrel OD and bushing ID was .007".  I replaced it with a 10x bushing and accuracy was restored.

2 hours ago, zzt said:

After one season of use my TS bushing wore badly.  It was initially tight and shot good groups.   At the end the season the difference between barrel OD and bushing ID was .007".  I replaced it with a 10x bushing and accuracy was restored.

in my TSO  new from the box difference between barrel and bushing was 0.1mm side play and 0.37mm vertical play. CZ custom  hand fit😀 ours CZ dealer ask from cz to sent new factory bushing (gun was still in the store.it takes few months to receive license ) that cost less than 3 eu. and they refused.  good warranty service. 🤣 i ordered from ipsc store  perfect  50 eu bushing .(it's not cz factory part)

On 5/26/2023 at 3:00 PM, zzt said:

You know how many rounds you had in one season ? I estimate that my CZ has around 7,5-10k.

Although I already replaced it, maybe it is worth to try the 10x. 

3 hours ago, lars_ger said:

You know how many rounds you had in one season ? I estimate that my CZ has around 7,5-10k.

Although I already replaced it, maybe it is worth to try the 10x. 

About 7k.