Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

KMR pistols, CZ clones from Czech republic

I ended up getting the DAA Flex holster for my W-02 and I really like it. I use mine for IPSC production optics with a Holosun 507 Competition.

Gun is phenomenal. Love it!

What is wrong with the adjustability?

... just looking for alternative ideas in case the CZ rear sight does not fit.

In general, I'm told that very few CZ parts fit KMR pistols.

Looks like KMR also has models with sights that are adjustable both ways. Perhaps you can get a sight from KMR?

... do you still need a hammer if you loosen the screws?

Edited by perttime

On 11/10/2023 at 7:12 PM, sil7z said:

DAA Flex holster with Type B insert will fit KMR nicely. For the Alpha-X I've heard some have filed material off here and there to get it to lock.

I have 900 rounds through my Spectra and it's been great.

@tedahlenius85 have you tried taking the left safety and firing spring retaining plate off? The safety is tight and the retaining plate won't move at all. Do they require a hammer and punch to coerce them out? I come from CZ Shadow 1 so I know the general disassembly of the gun, but the tolerances are so much tighter on the KMR.

Hi sil sorry for the late reply. As said tolerances in these guns are super tight. I had to use a punch and hammer to get the FP plate out. It is even easier if you use a third hand. My Spectra is around 3 k rounds old and I won the regional Greek championship in production optics senior division (3rd overall) last year with it. It also seems to have a short chamber throat just like the shadow. 

On 3/22/2024 at 7:12 PM, pani said:

Hi sil sorry for the late reply. As said tolerances in these guns are super tight. I had to use a punch and hammer to get the FP plate out. It is even easier if you use a third hand. My Spectra is around 3 k rounds old and I won the regional Greek championship in production optics senior division (3rd overall) last year with it. It also seems to have a short chamber throat just like the shadow. 

No worries. I eventually bought a hammer and brass punch set. Removing the FP plate and extractor pin is no longer an issue.

I have close to 4k rounds through mine. Though I don't have anything to show for it yet :D

Functionally it's all good, though the Cerakote finish isn't as hard wearing as CZ's Polycoat.