Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide Racker for Beretta

Carbine_Philosophy

It's exactly as the name implies. I have a Beretta, specifically a 92A1, and an Aimpoint PRO I'm not using, and I'm going to put them together into an Open gun. Is there any slide racker that anyone knows about that can fit into where the rear sight is? Or should I just leave it alone? Any suggestions are welcome.

Good luck.  When I was building my Sig P320 open gun I couldn’t find one that would replace the rear sight…I ended up having to get one for a 1911 and manually cut it down to fit. https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Gun-Parts/1911-2011-Pistols/Thumb-Rest-Slide-Rackers/Double-Tap-Sports-Slide-Racker-

before that on which is all steel I did the same thing from a cz slide rack but after cutting it, it would hold up for so long before it broke.   The steel one works a lot better

On 4/26/2023 at 6:45 PM, JoeMKY said:

Good luck.  When I was building my Sig P320 open gun I couldn’t find one that would replace the rear sight…I ended up having to get one for a 1911 and manually cut it down to fit. https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Gun-Parts/1911-2011-Pistols/Thumb-Rest-Slide-Rackers/Double-Tap-Sports-Slide-Racker-

before that on which is all steel I did the same thing from a cz slide rack but after cutting it, it would hold up for so long before it broke.   The steel one works a lot better

I thought I was gonna have to do some fitting to get one, but it never hurts to ask, right? Thanks for the advice on the steel part, I'll get one of the curved ones and see how I can make it fit on the dovetail rear.

30 minutes ago, Stony Lane said:

Toni System may be working on one...

They've been working on it for a couple of years now. If when I finally get around to installing the racker it's available, and they're able to ship to where I am, wonderful. But for now, I'll just keep the steel one Joe recommended in mind, since I can have it and fit it right now.