Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from rural Colorado

PainSmith

Well, I've been shooting for about 25 years total but have gotten more of a competition style itch in the last 5 years but have yet to do any real competitions.

I go to my club range at least once a week or more and shoot about everything. I love learning PRS at the moment but I feel like the call of 3 gun is in my blood. 

Currently I don't have a lot invested in "competition" style firearms but I'm getting there slowly on the handgun side of things. Got a lucky deal on a Shadow 2 SAO that was Cajun'ized to double action with an optic milled slide (literally stumbled on this and the LGS didn't know what they had). 

With all that said I'm still trying to learn the rules and what you can and can't use for different divisions of competition. Joining this group to hopefully expand that knowledge and potentially pick up firearms that suit my needs. 

Welcome!

The USPSA rules should be at https://uspsa.org/rules . Right this moment it seems that the site might be offline??? That often means that it is being updated.

Not sure if the modified Shadow 2 would work in Carry Optics division for Handgun, or some Multigun division. I'm pretty sure it would work for the new USPSA Limited Optics.

Edited by perttime

Shadow 2 is a super popular carry optics gun. If it has a double action first pull you should be good to compete in carry optics. Depending on where in Colorado you (East or west) are there are multiple google groups that put out notifications for USPSA matches. Otherwise look on PractiScore.

1 hour ago, ColoradoNick said:

Shadow 2 is a super popular carry optics gun. If it has a double action first pull you should be good to compete in carry optics. Depending on where in Colorado you (East or west) are there are multiple google groups that put out notifications for USPSA matches. Otherwise look on PractiScore.

I just setup an account with PractiScore a couple months ago. I'll have to check that out more. 
I'm like an hour SE of Denver and don't have many shooting options within a reasonable drive for me at the moment. 

28 minutes ago, PainSmith said:

I just setup an account with PractiScore a couple months ago. I'll have to check that out more. 
I'm like an hour SE of Denver and don't have many shooting options within a reasonable drive for me at the moment. 

An hour southeast probably puts you not too far from Ben Lomond gun club. HPPS shoots matches there monthly, Colorado Rifle Club in Byers also has monthly matches as well as DCF East in the Springs, along with Pikes peak gun club! Not bad options if you’re willing to drive a little.  Check out www.ECOUSPSA.com

Great info! I've been going through all the local events to try and make it to one that works with my wife's work schedule (hard to get babysitters out here).

You are correct I'm not too far from Ben Lomond and have been waiting 18 months now on a chance to become a member. But I will be getting out there for events next month hopefully. 

• 2 weeks later...

ecouspsa.com

Is where you need to go to find USPSA club locations and dates for matches.  There are a ton of clubs up and down the front range.  Many of us have to drive an hour or possibly a bit more to get to most matches.  You will be closer to the ones down south as mentioned above.  Good luck.