Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Uspsa Production For A G34

Midas

like merlin said, 10 in the mag and one in the pipe, all the rest of the mags need to have 10 rounds. something else you may want to consider doing, is using the 17 rounders, and only putting 10 rounds in them. the reason I say this is because when you use the factory 10 round mags, they can be a little harder inserting into the gun, because the mag is topped out.

by the way love your new avitar merlin, scene from Private Ryan.

I use the high cap mags as well and load 10 rounds.

I posted the above so I could really say:

MERLIN: I LIKE YOUR CURRENT AVATAR TOO! I think you have a winner he my friend. Merlin's avatars are like the weather in Wisconsin, just wait a bit and it will change. B)

Duck, I don't think that it is legal since that mag was made for the G18. No gun comes with that mag as a standard mag. There has been some discusion as to weather you can shoot Production with something like a Dawson or Arrendondo base pad in Production.

From the rule book about the base pads:

21. Allowed modifications are very limited and include the following:

21.1 No weighted attachments allowed to magazine.

Rick

If all the mods come standard on a g34, are you allowed to do the same thing to any other glock for production. ie...ext. mag release, slide stop...

someone told me that if its done to a production gun, that it can be done to any gun in that line for production div. in uspsa

Airic, this is from the NROI interpretations:

"NROI Rulings

Title: External Modifications

Created: 2/28/05

Updated: 3/08/05

Effective: 3/08/05

Rule number: US Appendix D9 i

Applies to: Pistol

Ruling authority: John Amidon

Ruling

Questions by the membership.

1) I am very new to the sport and even though I've read the rule book a couple of times now I still have one question.

- For Production Division: Can an extended magazine release be added to the firearm and still be legal? The folks from Beretta do offer an extend magazine release for the 92FS but I just wanted to make sure that I can remain in the Production Division if I install this onto my 92FS.

2) Does the USPSA make exceptions in the type of equipment a disabled or handicapped person may use?

As a factory option, glock offers an extended mag release and extended slide stop which can be put on all glock models as a factory options. The extended mag release is the same stock part used on the larger frame glock pistols . The extended slide stop is the same one used on the glock 34 and glock 35. I am confused between the difference in Appendix D4 Special conditions: #19 and US Appendix D9 special conditions: #21 in the January 2004 edition rule book.

If I have glock set my glock 17 up with the stock extended mag release and stock extended slide stop in question would it be legal to use in the US production division?

Interpretation:

US Appendix D9 Production Division 21.5 "External modifications other than sights not allowed." This clause is not meant to prohibit exchanging external parts from one approved model handgun to another approved model handgun. Exchanging external parts from one approved model handgun to another approved model handgun from the same manufacturer is allowed, providing that the parts are original manufacturers parts and offered in their catalogs or on their handguns that otherwise meet division criteria. The following original manufacturer parts may be exchanged: Extended mag release, extended slide stop and external safeties including ambidextrious, provided they stay within the intent of the division. No added weights, no mag well attachments, no thumb rest or external devices used to help reduce recoil and/or muzzle flip may be exchanged. "

I believe that is the ruling to which you alluded. It doesn't address mags though.

Rick