Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SoundGear Phantoms vs ESP electronic in ear hearing protection

Boomstick303

I understand this is a long shot due to both products costing too much.  I can use my HSA and/or Insurance to pick up a set so I figure why not, but I am trying to get a little more info before dropping that type of cash.  

Has anyone had the ability or owned both ESP and SoundGear electronic ear pro?  If so which did you like more and why?

For those of you with SoundGear, have you shot any intermediate to long range rifle with it?  I have heard the ESP are a little slow on turning off the active hearing protection so it makes hearing hits on steel at distance pretty hard to do. 

Can you customize the hearing profiles through the app and bluetooth with the SoundGear?

I will be buying one or the other.  Right now I like the idea of Bluetooth in the SoundGear which the ESP does not offer so its the leader in the club house.  

Thanks in advance.

I only have soundgear. Have been very happy with them and they took care of me quickly when I broke one and got me back up and running quickly.

I don’t think I would do the Bluetooth,  a friend has them and wishes he had went regular battery powered ones due to the charging case set up.