Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TSO barrel play

EVANB

14 hours ago, usmc1977 said:

Pretty much every automatic pistol has significant play when the slide is locked back. 

So long as a Browning design, or

clone. Some SAs are fixed barrels. Don’t believe CZ makes a current fixed barrel SA but could be wrong on that.  All CZ75s and derivatives do not have fixed barrels so some play as USMC1977 said. He’s spot on

Edited by GeneBray

I've always been more of one to check lockup when in battery.  With slide closed can you wiggle the barrel at tip in slide?  Does the breach of slide have much play when in battery when you push on barrel?  

My Cz tso I converted to 9mm doesn't lock up tightly when just in slide, but when assembled and slide forward in battery there is little movement of barrel.  Shoots really good groups with whatever I've put through it

I don't feel any movement when in the barrel when the slide in battery, I see a tiny movement in the slide moving very tiny side to side into the frame. Are you guys having some tiny movement in the slide ? 

On 4/7/2023 at 3:40 AM, EVANB said:

I don't feel any movement when in the barrel when the slide in battery, I see a tiny movement in the slide moving very tiny side to side into the frame. Are you guys having some tiny movement in the slide ? 

There has to be a little bit of clearance, or the slide won't cycle. It's fine.