Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 1100 primer slide

Started having problems with handle locking and not fully going down. Took it apart and have a question. Is the primer slide bar supposed to slide all the way in and out without friction?  Mine all of a sudden manually slides to a point before the primer insert hole. Then I have to apply a bit of force to continue to slide to its final point. Same thing sliding it back. Feels like something “swoll up” and is creating friction. I checked and the slide is clean. The sides of the primer area in the press are clean as well. I added a video… Any ideas?

Edited by Chapo

1. The primer slide should slide back and forth in the channel with almost zero resistance.

You slide does appear to be sticking.

2. I'm not sure what implement you are using to move the slide but it appears to be a metal pick of some kind?

It also appears that that pick (or whatever it is) may be impacting the bottom of the slide channel as you move the slide.

If all that is true then not a good idea; you could be scratching the bottom of the channel and making the situation worse.

12 hours ago, Chapo said:

This happened all of a sudden. I was reloading just fine and then this happened. 

Page 67 of the Owner's Manual..............

Check screw #62213 that holds the "brass" roller in place to see if the screw has backed out a bit and is catching the slide channel?

As @ddcmentioned above, there should be practically zero resistance in the channel!

2 hours ago, Chapo said:

Thanks all. This issue was resolved. Seems like the track was not as clean as I thought. Also, lightly sanded the sides of the track with 240 then 1500 and problem gone. 

Most excellent!