Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

45acp Load For Idpa

Cosby

When you find a great one, they will discontinue it....they did that when I shot 452AA...best 45 powder I ever shot...ES was always single digits....it was temp sensitive though... :(

Not only that, but it was temp sensitive in reverse of what we see with most powders! I used 452AA in heavy-bullet .45 pin loads back then, but I remember hearing of IPSC guys icing their ammo down in coolers to make sure it would make power factor! Weird stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

I like Solo 1250 for 200's

451 200 SWC loa 1.250

5.8 gr solo 1250 (close to 174 power factor)you can probably start around 5.0 check the solo boo on this.

fed 150's

It shoots very soft and is vey clean..

:D

<_< I occasionally shoot an IDPA match with my Gov't model 1911. Since there is not the major power factor of IPSC, I am looking for a soft, clean shooting load with 200 gr. LSWC's.

I looked at all my reloading data and am thinking about 4.0 gr.s of WST. What do you think?

Hey Cosby WST works great and maybe the best for your needs. For major about 4.8 and minor around 4.1 to 4.2. Of course it depends on your crimp use about 3 to 4 thousdands Taper crimp and do not bell the case mouths too much and please check your brass, as I see too many shooters using brass that should have thrown out their brass 10 firings ago. If you need 45ACP brass I have a large supply of Non Glock Once Fired brass that I plan on putting on sale at resonable prices to all the IDPA and IPSC shooters. If enterested E me. Teddy G.