Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Open

sv38supershooter

Well, here in paradise (aka hellhole) we have no choice but to shoot Ltd-10 or "Open-10" and I don't want to "drag" anyone down this hole :ph34r: . It is, what it is and every chance I get, I like to shoot in (real) Open (170mm).

Use to be just Open or Limited in the days when I started. Why not just go back to two: Open (170mm & Rev) and Limited (140mm & 10 & SS & Prod & Rev) and recognize the different "classes" :o

Mele Kalikimaka,

barry B)

Why not just go back to two: Open (170mm & Rev) and Limited (140mm & 10 & SS & Prod & Rev) and recognize the different "classes" :o

So suppose today you are a A-Class revolver shooter.....after they combine all the present divisions into two divisions(Lim/Open).....what chance of winning your class do you have against an A-Class Limited shooter?

It's interesting that SASS has a boat load of different divisions and seems to be doing very well in the number of competitors they draw to matches. I don't shoot SASS, but I think they've even got a Left Eye dominate, Right Handed, Gunfighter, Blackpowder, homecast lead bullet, beeswax lube, Wednesday night TV Western division! :P

The NHRA has literally hundreds of classes/divisions and they seem to be doing pretty well in the number of competitors. If you car/motorcycle meets a minimum set of safety rules for the speed you'll run, you can race.

I think USPSA is headed in the right direction with the Single Stack division. Leave L10 alone because not everybody wants to run right out and plunk down $1,000 bucks for a new Single Stack. I enjoy shooting L10 once in a while because it makes you look at the stages a little differently.

Giving people more choices is always a good idea. Taking choices away sucks!

Nolan

Nolan, you make an excellent observation!

Even though I just posted this:

In my opinion, we do have too many divisions.
-Sam

Your logic is sinking in to my mind........

Whatever direction we go with this sport, appealing to new shooters must remain a high priority. I was thinking strictly as a competitor when I made my post.

I don't shoot SASS, but I think they've even got a Left Eye dominate, Right Handed, Gunfighter, Blackpowder, homecast lead bullet, beeswax lube, Wednesday night TV Western division!

Say, maybe we could come up with a Photo Journalists Attire Division???

Nah, I think somebody is already doing that. ;)

Seriously, you do make a very good point. I'm going to reconsider my opinion.