Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

45 witness limited custom to 9mm conversion

Jrcnky

Wondering if all I need for this conversion is a barrel, extractor and mags? I'm assuming large frame tanfoglios are swapable. Wanting to do a 9mm conversion as I'm not really using it in 45 anymore. Hard to find exactly what's needed online for this topic.  I'm good with doing a barrel fitting if need be.  Have done one or two before on a CZ.  If it's a barrel swap do I just need to look for a coned 9mm bull barrel?

1 hour ago, Jrcnky said:

Wondering if all I need for this conversion is a barrel, extractor and mags? I'm assuming large frame tanfoglios are swapable. Wanting to do a 9mm conversion as I'm not really using it in 45 anymore. Hard to find exactly what's needed online for this topic.  I'm good with doing a barrel fitting if need be.  Have done one or two before on a CZ.  If it's a barrel swap do I just need to look for a coned 9mm bull barrel?

.40S&W or 10mm would work (with an extractor swap or tune) for a 9mm barrel swap. However, the .45 ACP gap on the breech face is too large for the extractor to hold the case in place. The easiest thing is to swap the entire slide and use the appropriate mags.

Edited by himurax13

• 10 months later...
On 1/21/2023 at 2:34 PM, himurax13 said:

.40S&W or 10mm would work (with an extractor swap or tune) for a 9mm barrel swap. However, the .45 ACP gap on the breech face is too large for the extractor to hold the case in place. The easiest thing is to swap the entire slide and use the appropriate mags.

This ^^^