Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 - 4.25" Commander vs 5" Full Size

Douglee25

The Prodigy has a good quality forged slide and frame with a decent fit for a production gun.  The barrel is also decent quality, and the ones I've seen, including mine, were fit and timed correctly.  The chambers could benefit from running a finish reamer through it and feed ramp polish.  But mine ran fine before I did either.  For the price, I think it's a solid deal.  You can put a couple hundred bucks and a little time and effort into one and end up with a nice gun that's accurate, reliable and fun to shoot.  And should be competitive in either LO or CO if they allow it.  It's also a good base for a custom build like I did.  Either way, you'll end up with a great gun for the money.  Aside from the titanium grip, which was pretty pricey, I have less into mine than what a Steccato cost, and I'd take my Springfield over one of those any day of the week.  

Edited by ltdmstr

• 5 months later...
On 1/16/2023 at 9:58 PM, ltdmstr said:

Only issue I had was the AOS plate coming loose because the screw was too long and contacting the extractor.  I cut that down and remounted everything and now it's fine. 

Same here.  The screw is too long.  It MUST be chopped down a few threads.  Even if you don’t notice it at first, after several hundred rounds the pressure from the screw on the extractor will start to hold it open and you’ll have issues.  

Take your extractor out then mount the optic with the screws as normal.  Now look down the extractor tunnel, if you see the screw inside the tunnel, shorten that screw.  

Otherwise there is a catastrophic failure waiting inside your gun.  Ask me how I know.  😂