Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

147zero jhp bullets

chopps

OK had luck but not with g17. I had about givin up and tried my m&p with a apex 1x10 twist "whalla" very good under 2 inch group at 10 yards. 

I can now shoot the 147's but neither my gen5 17 or 19 barrel does not like them. 

Oh well that's the way it goes.

Thanks for everyone's input.

• 4 weeks later...

OK folks, got some autocomp and wsf. 

Plus now I'm shooting my old p226.

Soooo much better with autocomp so far none of those zingers.

I'm thinking that I'm not one of those shooters who can shoot a glock and that  "Might" have had some to do with it along with wrong powder. 

Now my sig's and other full steel frame guns I'm reasonably hitting where I aim except for my inconsistent trigger jerk. I'll try wsf and n320 later on with theses zero 147's.

Thanks to all for data.

• 3 months later...

Ok thanks to all the suggestions to use wsf/autocomp made a difference plus setting them out to 1.165 made them work in my m&p’s.

Going to try silhouette now.

Now my Kimbers max is 1.150 and may have a gunsmith ream out 0.15 thousands to help there.

They are accurate and thanks to all here for the help.

• 3 months later...
On 1/20/2023 at 7:25 PM, HOGRIDER said:

@choppsIf your still working with 124 JHPs, this is a test load that I was working up prior to changing platforms........

Don't give up on the N320!

👍

4.1 N320 + Zero 125 JHP-C.png

HOGRIDER, on the 125's what OAL did you use for that group? Thanks

Edited by bomadera
MISSPELLING

1 hour ago, bomadera said:

HOGRIDER, on the 125's what OAL did you use for that group? Thanks

I always recommend checking the Max OAL for your barrel as the CZs most often will require a shorter OAL!  With my S2 Orange, the Zero 147s were fine at 1.125"; however when switching to Zero 125s I had to reduce the OAL to 1.080".  Several 124/125g bullets performed just fine at that OAL!

Good details on checking for your barrel(s):

https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=103620.0

👍

20 hours ago, HOGRIDER said:

I always recommend checking the Max OAL for your barrel as the CZs most often will require a shorter OAL!  With my S2 Orange, the Zero 147s were fine at 1.125"; however when switching to Zero 125s I had to reduce the OAL to 1.080".  Several 124/125g bullets performed just fine at that OAL!

Good details on checking for your barrel(s):

https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=103620.0

👍

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2023 at 8:42 PM, HOGRIDER said:

A "classic" load for the Zero 147g JHPs is using 3.5g N320 with an OAL of 1.125".  Accurate in several 9mm pistols I've tested!  👍

1250295179_3.5N320R3.thumb.png.dc414b42a531708a77091677ee692e89.png

How big is the gap between the 2 grip inserts when you shoot S2 on a ransom rest? Tried ransom rest once with my S2 OR, but couldn't get such a good group out of it. Suspect that I overtightened the grip inserts...

50 minutes ago, hlsccsfa said:

How big is the gap between the 2 grip inserts when you shoot S2 on a ransom rest? Tried ransom rest once with my S2 OR, but couldn't get such a good group out of it. Suspect that I overtightened the grip inserts...

When I first had access to a Ransom Rest, I tried to research all I could to understand it and get the setup right.  Even talked with Michael (Ransom) at length; and one of the first things he pointed out was to NOT overtighten the grip inserts!  Two finger tightening process on A, B, and C.  Also emphasized to start with 20-25 rounds of junk/over the counter ammo through the pistol to "settle" it in prior to actual testing of my loads.

One thing I had to do on the S2 Orange was remove the LOK grips, and test with the stock OEM grip panels to get good even purchase on the frame.  Always attempted to get the front and rear gaps as even as possible.

Lots of good info in the RR Operation Manual and of course on YouTube.

HTHs!

👍