Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

czechmate barrels!?

ringram

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so the czechmate barrel wears out around 40-50,000 rounds shooting major.

Vs. Shadow2 which needs closer to 80,000 shooting 124g

I am getting 12" groups at 15yd with worn barrel vs 2" offhand with newer barrel..

Farewell old barrel.

I ditched the Czechmate platform. For the money i’ve put into it I can get an MPA DS9 Open that is ready to rock. I keep the CZ as a backup until my 2nd DS9 is delivered. What a money pit the CZ turned out to be… they’re releasing a new one next year supposedly, not sure if I will even care to look at it at that point. Wish CZC had put out their barrels a long time ago… 

On 10/6/2024 at 4:58 PM, crsuribe said:

I ditched the Czechmate platform. For the money i’ve put into it I can get an MPA DS9 Open that is ready to rock. I keep the CZ as a backup until my 2nd DS9 is delivered. What a money pit the CZ turned out to be… they’re releasing a new one next year supposedly, not sure if I will even care to look at it at that point. Wish CZC had put out their barrels a long time ago… 

What happened? What goes wrong with your CZ?

2 minutes ago, Michaelsabre said:

What happened? What goes wrong with your CZ?

It’s front heave so a titanium comp is essentially needed. That’s almost $300

Brass grips and magwell to bakance the weight better $200

Mags need better followers and mag extensions and have to be tuned

Optic mount and a better slide racker another 200ish

plus a bunch of other optional things like mag release, thumb rest, tuning recoil springs, main spring, firing pin spring, extended firing pin….

when it’s all said and done I’ve spent as much as an MPA and the MPA is significantly better in every way. So nothing “wrong” with the CZ other than it’s a money pit just to end up with an OK gun when you can buy a decent 2011 for the same price as an optimized CZ. If you’re not gonna optimize it and your focus is to save money then the CZ is a good option I guess. 

14 minutes ago, crsuribe said:

It’s front heave so a titanium comp is essentially needed. That’s almost $300

Brass grips and magwell to bakance the weight better $200

Mags need better followers and mag extensions and have to be tuned

Optic mount and a better slide racker another 200ish

plus a bunch of other optional things like mag release, thumb rest, tuning recoil springs, main spring, firing pin spring, extended firing pin….

when it’s all said and done I’ve spent as much as an MPA and the MPA is significantly better in every way. So nothing “wrong” with the CZ other than it’s a money pit just to end up with an OK gun when you can buy a decent 2011 for the same price as an optimized CZ. If you’re not gonna optimize it and your focus is to save money then the CZ is a good option I guess. 

I shoot a CZ TS in LO. I can see the magwell and optic mount are must. That's 500 easy.

CZ TS mags gave me some good headache. Have to learn how to turn them.

Open guns are way over priced IMHO. I am looking into JP5. That will be my next move.

Edited by Michaelsabre

Yeah considering you could/can get a new czechmate for $2500 then there is a lot of room to add the stuff you list.

I too got a new optic mount, I cut my old spare S2 grips short and used them (Lok Bogies), New slide racker (Toni Systems).

But left the comp as is. I figured heavy muzzle weight keeps the recoil down, aka old Jim Clarke Pin Gun.

I do agree brass grips might be nice. But have not bothered.

For safeties I retained the Czechmate left side but used a spare S2 right side, saves them digging into my index finger.

The worst thing is zero replacement barrels for like 4 years now. This is a global issue too. Unforgivable. Though CZC now has one that works nicely. The IGB ones kind of work, but not quite up to czc level. So thanks to the aftermarket for that!

I will check out the new one next year, but suspect its just going to be a TS2 with shorter dust cover and some threaded comp barrel. But we will see. A cone barrel would be good. But cant see how the comp will go on. Hence why I think threaded barrel and comp will be easier to manage, but maybe have the additional benefit of barrels being available again.

I guess we will see. But Im happy with the czechmate. Mag issues are resolvable especially with MBX on the job now too. Reliability seems on a par if you go to the match with a new slide stop in :)