Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Quickmeasure

Sc0

http://www.quick-measure.com/qm.htm

A review: http://home.comcast.net/~davidawilson/Long...kMeasure/QM.htm

It's kind of pricey but if it works with that amount of precision it might be worthwhile. Does anyone else run one with their reloading setups? I have been thinking about one for a 650 as an alternative to a RCBS Chargemaster combo when pushing .223 or .308... +/-.1 gr might be more accurate than my RCS 505 scale!

The way I see it mounted as a seperate powder drop. this is traditionaly the way to get good bench rest amoe.

The Hornady powder dorp mounted progresivly to the Dilon 650 is a grate way to go.

I spent some time with three buddies two years ago tuning loads for shots over 600 yards. We were abel to shoot out to 1000 yards but the goal was to make a varmint load good for 700 + yards shoots on ground rats / squerls Pdogs.

for six shooters and three guns each we had 1,500 rounds for each shooter to use each day of a five day hunt. 7,500 rounds each minimum. Lots of loading.

(95% of our stuff was loaded progressivly on 650s . BUT what i used was a Hornady bench rest Powder drop and Hornady's "Case activated Power Drop" we fit them in the station that would normaly be the powder check on the 650.

My stuff would all group SUB MOA. we had short loads for shots under 500 and loads for over 500 I had some stuff don singal stage for out over 700 yards but the diferenc was very small in quality of acuracy.

All four Dillon 650 preses did a grate job the Hornady powder drop is far supieror to the Dillion and it can be had for about $130 it comes with a rifle and pistole mirometer.

I could probly come up with a photo if you gave me some time.

Jamie

The 505 scale is fine if you keep it clean and level on a solid serface.

Edited by AlamoShooter

• 2 weeks later...

The best rifle loading measure I have used yet is the Harrels, about the same money as the Quick Measure but it gets raves all over. No set up for progressives though.

My Hornady LNL progressive came with Hornady measure, and it is great for loading 223 Rem ammo for High Power. I could never detect variability on individual powder throws (well under 0.1 g) at rifle quantities and it is way cheaper than the Quick Measure. I have a metering insert for each of my High Power loads, and a micrometer for everything else. They interchange easily. It just plain works great with H4895, RL15, N135, etc.

Billski

• 2 weeks later...

I went with the Chargemaster, I needed a new scale anyways...

I have looked at the Harrels but would have preferred a stainless drum to a brass one. The ability to custom load at the range would have been awesome with the Harrels as I have seen BR people do on the bench, inside trailers, and on the back of tailgates at matches. I am going to give electronics a chance, hopefully it will be worth it. I have also rediscovered the thread about how to tweak the Dillon measure for more accurate extruded powder uses and will be modifying mine accordingly to see what happens.