Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Defions Arms open gun reviews/experience?

Reloader98

I recently purchased a Defions Arms 2011 open pistol in 9mm. I just shot my first match with it.  It ran flawlessly, extremely accurate, excellent fit and finish, great balance.  More importantly Jason Bauman has outstanding customer service.  I called him late on a Sunday afternoon and he spent time and effort dealing with my questions and solving my problem.  I only have about 500 rounds through it but so far I'm more than happy with the build.  Mr. Bauman is good guy to deal with-- knowledgeable, friendly and accessible. Very positive experience with Defions.

32 minutes ago, Stefan77 said:

I used to shoot with Jason before he moved from the wonderful Fort Polk, LA location to the north.  Great guy!

Now if he could be convinced to move back down and shoot with us again😉

Ha. I do miss the year round matches already.  My season is over so atleast I can focus on orders with no distractions until Feb.  I'm going to come to atleast 1 match down there next season.  Hopefully see y'all there!  

20 minutes ago, jbauman915 said:

Ha. I do miss the year round matches already.  My season is over so atleast I can focus on orders with no distractions until Feb.  I'm going to come to atleast 1 match down there next season.  Hopefully see y'all there!  

Yes, it'll be great to see you again!  Bring some of your toys and bill it as an advertising expense on your taxes😉

Sorry I'm late to this party, I've been running a Defions Arms Anarchy for the last year now. In fact I have one of the first. It has truly been a great gun. I havent had any issues with the gun or the company. Jason stayed in touch with me every step of the way even telling me when the smallest parts came in. 

I have around 20k rounds through it now and it is a joy to shoot. Fit and finish is beautiful and on par with the more know companies. The only malfunctions I've had were due to some bad mag springs. 

Any questions feel free to ask.